Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Review: Fall to You by Lexi Ryan

Add to Goodreads:
 
 
Torn between two men…

When I woke up after the accident, I couldn’t remember anything from the last year—including my relationship with Max Hallowell or anything about Nate Crane. Now my memories are returning, but instead of answering my questions, they’re leaving me with more.

The man who broke my heart and wants to be my future…

Max is all I ever wanted, and now he wants to marry me. He’ll do everything he can to fill my life with love, family, and security. I need those things now more than ever. But can I trust him?

The man who stole my heart and wants to let me go…

Nate never made me promises, and I never asked him to. I’d been on the rebound, looking for a distraction, and he made me feel beautiful and wanted when I needed to feel those things most. He says he has to let me go, but what if I can’t let go of him?

With every revelation and every passing day, I feel more like Alice down the rabbit hole. I’m falling. Who will catch me?

Fall to You is the second book in the Here and Now series. It is not a stand-alone and is intended to be read following Lost in Me. Hanna’s story concludes in book three, All for This.
 
 
There was one thing I was sure if by the time I finished Lost in Me, the first book of this series. This girl was Team Nate all the way baby and I was definitely NOT a fan of Max. I just knew there was no way that jerk was going to ever win me over. 
 
 
And I held on to that dislike when I started Fall to You. Annnnd, it lasted all the way to about the 9% mark. I should have known things were not going to play out that easily with two guys involved. There is no way the author would give us these two hot, perfectly imperfect guys and let me have a clear cut winner from the beginning. So, now I am torn completely in half and IT. SUCKS! 
 
 
This book starts 3 months prior to Hanna's memory loss. We get not only Hanna's POV but Max and Nate's as well. It helps to paint a clearer picture of exactly what happened with Max and how things came to be with Nate. And as frustrating as it was (seeing as that is what made me fall for Max), I also loved every minute of it. 

By the end, we are brought back to present day. At this point you will now know how the news Hanna received at the end of book one came to be. And you will also find out who she is with...for now. But of course, this is only book two of a three part series, so we still don't get all the answers. Like who caused Hanna to fall or was it truly just an accident? And with the ending we are left with, how will things now play out? 

And while it seems (to me at least) that there is already a clear-cut winner of Hanna's heart, I can't help but to think the author isn't done with ripping our hearts to shreds yet. Because honestly, no matter who she does end up with in the very end, someone loses. And whether it is Max or Nate, it is going to break my heart. 

All I can say now is....here's to hoping August gets here quickly! 
 
 
Fall to You (Book #2) Buy Links:

Lost In Me (Book #1) Buy Links:
 
 
 
 
 
Website:
 
Facebook:
 
Twitter:
 
Goodreads:
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment