Monday, February 9, 2015

Review: Love's Suicide by Jennifer Foor

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20932673-love-s-suicide


My heart belonged to Branch and Brooks Valentine since we were children, when we were all too naïve to know what that even meant. We didn’t understand that when we became adults, love would change us. I had to make a choice and when I did, it ripped our bond apart. Brooks left town, and he took half of my heart with him. It was difficult, but I coped and planned my future with Branch. I thought I’d made the right decision. I loved him and I always had.


Brooks showed up to be our best man the night before our nuptials. After drinks and too much reminiscing, I ended up in bed with the wrong brother. To avoid the humiliation and the fact that I’d ruined all of our lives, I left Branch and the only family I’d ever known.

That’s where my story should have ended.

Two years, one beautiful little girl and an abusive marriage later, I was standing there staring at the man that would always hold my heart.

The only question was…

Would I give it to him

I’m Katy Michaels and this is my story. 


The title of this book might make you feel  a bit hesitant to read it but when you really define the title then you will get a better understanding of what this story is all about:
Love's Suicide - the action of killing love intentionally.

Katy grew up next door to identical twins brothers Branch and Brooks. They may look the same but they are not identical in nature and personality.  Their parents are the best of friends and the families spend a lot of time together.  One of the boys realizes in his early teens that he is in love with Katy but too afraid to tell her and see her reaction.  The other twin figures thisout and in an effort to get one up on his brother, he makes his move.  This sets off a series of events that will change all of their lives forever.  

Katy is in a relationship with one brother but is in love with the other.  It all turns to custard the night before her wedding when she does something unforgivable, not just to her husband to be but to herself.  She ends up leaving them both and making a new life in a small country town, cutting off everyone from her life.For the next two years she stays away,  punishing herself for what she did to Branch, Brooks and their parents.  Katy just doesn't  have faith and trust in the people that love her because she is so caught up in her own guilt.  She tries to move forward with her life, with new friends and a heart that is still in love with one man.

There were times when I got so bloody frustrated with the choices she made, even if she thought she was doing them for the right reasons.  There were people that she had in her life that genuinely loved and cared for her. In the end she just caused  deep hurt and messed them up.  She seemed to make all her choices and decisions based on what she thought was best for the people around her but never considering want they may have wanted, had they the choice.

There are some really heart breaking moments in this story but there are also a lot of heart warming moments. This is quite a lengthy novel, which was in its favor as a lot happens in this book and skipping over important events would be doing an injustice to the characters.  I went through so many emotions reading this book and was completely wrung out at the end of it.  This a story you can sink your teeth into and get lost in.

Amazon:

http://www.jenniferfoor.com
https://www.facebook.com/JenniferFoorAuthor
https://twitter.com/jennyfoor



No comments:

Post a Comment