"NAME THAT BOOK" is an original 'Trivia Friday' post hosted by Reality Bites! Let's Get Lost! The event takes place every Friday afternoon on Facebook from 3-4pm standard Eastern time.
Facebook page link: Reality Bites Facebook page
Believe it or not this all started when I decided to be at my son's school a whole half hour before his let out time so that I could get a good parking space. I know what you're thinking...the answer is YES, parking space placement is a serious issue after school. And I was determined to be directly in his line of vision as he exited the building.
So anyway, as I sat in my car I was bored and decided what the heck...let's see if any one can name a book just by me naming a place or posting a quote.
Suddenly readers were responding and before I knew it I had posted about nine quotes, one location and a few favorite couples and readers responded with the book title.
Thus creating what I like to call Friday Trivia, NAME THAT BOOK!
Please keep in mind that trivia Friday is for FUN! EVERYONE is a WINNER and here's why: When I post a book quote, name a couple or the name of a place from book world it's because I want to either:
-> Bring a smile to a readers face as they remember the quote...
-> Have a reader grin as they think of that particular book couple they love
- -> OR to have you squirm at the explicit raunchiness of it all!
However, I find that THE BEST part of trivia Friday is when someone's introduced to a new read/author that they've yet to discover just from a quote I posted. Which in my book makes us BOTH WINNERS!!!
The Idea: I post a quote, book couple or name a book world place/location and readers are to NAME THAT BOOK
It all started with a 'place'. On the very first Friday Trivia I posted "Pete's Bar" added some question marks (???) and then asked readers to NAME THAT BOOK!
The Concept: To have fun sharing what we love from our favorite books! Although, now I'm thinking maybe I should reward readers who participate consistently each week. Maybe a BIG prize the last Friday of the month for the top participant. (That idea is to be continued as I think on it)
How to participate: When the posts pops up in your feed like and/or comment! That's all it takes! There is no time constraints. If you guess correctly I will 'like' your answer if not I will answer you with a big fat 'NOPE, wrong answer'. Always remember that this is for fun!
How Blogs can participate:
Each Friday morning. I will post the previous weeks questions here on the blog. Now, if other blogs would like to participate and/or even make your very own version of Trivia Friday which I encourage here's what I want you to do.
- Pick a time slot to post on FB. It should preferably last an hour in length but it's up to you on how to time it.
-Comment here with the link to your blog Facebook page and the time slot you chose to host your very own Trivia Friday! I will list your blog FB page as a Trivia Friday Blog participant in my posting here each Friday night giving others the chance to visit and play the following week during your very own Trivia Friday.
Last weeks trivia, post date 10-3-14 on to our Facebook page with the answers listed below:
2. “You showed me beauty in survival. I’ll show you strength in healing”
3. Who is… Slave Fifty-eight?
4. Who is the… Accidental Gold digger?
5. She is a Silver Demon. He is a Hell's Horseman. Who are they?
6. “I can feel you.” He leaned back, inhaled deeply. “Inside me, Everywhere. You own me. You will always own me, and I will walk through hell to keep it that way.”
7. Eyes on the road, her breath shivered from her lungs, cracking her voice. “You own me, too.”
8. SHE is a reporter. HE is a world renowned artist now living in seclusion.
Chantal and Phillipe in Blind Obsession by Ella Frank
9. In what book series can you find… ‘The Prince of Kentucky’?
10. She is a struggling musician. He is a billionaire, in fact, he own’s the hotel where she works.
11. SHE is a college sophomore who sneaks from Texas to Mexico for spring break thinking that the worst thing that could happen is her parents finding out. Well, she was WRONG. She becomes a slave.
12. I’ll never be the one he lays next to every night…
I’ll never be the one that he makes love to time after time…
I’ll never be the one he plans a future with…
I’ll never be the one he grows old with…
I’ll never be the one he comes home to…
And I’ll never be the one that he says ‘I love you’ to… I’m the whore, the escort, the mistress, the prostitute, it doesn’t matter what way you say it…I’m the other fucking woman.
I’ll always be second place.