Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review: Manwhore by Katy Evans

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22892122-manwhore

Is it possible to expose Chicago's hottest player--without getting played?


This is the story I've been waiting for all my life, and its name is Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Don't be fooled by that last name though. There's nothing holy about the man except the hell his parties raise. The hottest entrepreneur Chicago has ever known, he's a man's man with too much money to spend and too many women vying for his attention.

Mysterious. Privileged. Legendary. His entire life he's been surrounded by the press as they dig for tidbits to see if his fairytale life is for real or all mirrors and social media lies. Since he hit the scene, his secrets have been his and his alone to keep. And that's where I come in.

Assigned to investigate Saint and reveal his elusive personality, I'm determined to make him the story that will change my career.

But I never imagined he would change my life. Bit by bit, I start to wonder if I'm the one discovering him...or if he's uncovering me.

What happens when the man they call Saint, makes you want to sin?   


I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Manwhore by Katy Evans and I was EXTREMELY nervous to read it. I mean, a whole new series that in no way, shape or form involves Remy? Well, I quickly forgot all about those nerves as soon as I met Malcolm Saint! He may not be Remy but he doesn't need to be because he is in a class all his own!! I must say that Ms. Evans has outdone herself with this new series and I am dying for more!!!!

Malcolm Saint is about as far away from a saint as he can get. He has a reputation that is VERY well earned. So, it isn't too far fetched to believe that the most eligible bachelor in Chicago has caught the attention of a local magazine. One that is dying a slow death and needs the next hot story, asap. The hope is if one of their writers can get the inside scoop on Saint, it will breathe new life into the magazine and secure the mag's future. 

And Rachel is the woman picked to go inside the world of Malcolm Saint.

From the moment these two meet, you can feel the chemistry flying off the pages. It is intense and it.is.hot. But Rachel has a job to do and falling for the playboy bachelor is not one of them. But the further she digs into his life, the closer she is to losing sight of the endgame, which is saving the magazine. Can she stop herself from falling for Saint? And what happens when he learns the real reason for her article about him? 

Ooooooh, the emotions I felt while reading this book! I wanted to hate Rachel for deceiving Saint, but I just couldn't. Her reasonings behind what she was doing were honorable, if not somewhat misguided. And Saint, boy you can't help but fall held over heels for him. There is so much more to him than the stories swirling about. Once his layers start getting exposed through his growing relationship with Rachel, you will be a goner. 

I'm going to end my review here as I don't want to say too much and ruin the book for anyone. I do have to say, as it is just something I feel needs to be disclosed, there is a cliffy. And it is a painful one. But I don't regret reading it at all. Now I just have a legit reason to reread this book before the next one is released. And besides, more Malcolm Saint is a GREAT thing to look forward to! 




No comments:

Post a Comment