Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Release Week Blitz: Fallen Crest Family by Tijan


 
Fallen Crest Family (Fallen Crest Series #2)
By: Tijan
 
 
Samantha and Mason are together. Everyone knows it. Not everyone is dealing with it. While Mason’s ready to give them the middle finger, there’s one not going away. Her mother. Threats are issued. Ultimatums are given. Even blackmail is used, but only Samantha can put a stop to Analise. However, when a trauma from her past is triggered, she may not have the courage or strength to do what’s needed. If she doesn’t, Mason’s future could be destroyed.
 
 

*ARC provided or an honest review*

*PLEASE NOTE* my review may contain mild spoilers.

I fell in love with Mason, Logan and especially Sam after reading Fallen Crest High. The dynamic between these three was intense. Mason and Logan took Sam under their wing and made her feel like she truly had people who cared about her. And the budding relationship between Sam and Mason knocked my socks off. I absolutely love them together as a couple. 

So, needless to say, I was beyond excited when I found out their story was continuing. 

But then I read Fallen Crest Family and now all I feel is confusion. Something was missing from this book. Actually, a whole lot of something is missing. I didn't feel the intensity for the characters in this one. What happened to the Sam, Logan and Mason from the first book? I felt like they were completely different people. 

Also, the flow of the book didn't work for me. I felt like there was too much going on. We had the issue with Sam's mom (still), Sam making new friends, issues with the old crew from FCH, old rivalries between schools, Mason and Logan's mom, both of Sam's dads. It just got to be too much for me. 

I am not sure what direction the author was going with FCF but it sadly it was not one I enjoyed. And as I said above, I truly loved FCH so it pains me to say that. I am hopng the next book in this series will get things back on track and we will see the characters I fell in love with. 
 
 
Amazon
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment