Thursday, November 21, 2013

Release Day Blitz: Backstage Passion by Jade C. Jamison

Backstage Passion
By: Jade C. Jamison
Release Date: November 21st
 
 
No one writes a rock star book quite like Jade C. Jamison.  Four of her rock star novels and one short story are collected together for the first time ever as Backstage Passion.  From the local indie band scene to the famous multi-platinum album rock gods, from an innocent young woman playing lead vocalist to a cheating frontman, Jade weaves a story like no other.
 
Then Kiss Me:  Casey Williams has left a loveless marriage and is trying to rebuild her life.  She finds that, even though you can never go home again, you can find lust again, and she finds a love interest in Scott, her coworker.  She also discovers his secret, that he’s a drummer for a heavy metal band, and falls hard for him…just in time to find that, between his questionable friends and psychotic maybe-ex-girlfriend, he might not be the right guy for her.  But her heart beats like a drum for him, and she finds herself willing to play with fire to get closer.
 
Tangled Web:  Katie Logan has had a secret crush on her best friend Johnny Church since high school, but he’s never looked at her the same way. So when Johnny—now a famous rock-and-roll guitarist—comes home to visit, Katie can’t bring herself to tell him she’s engaged to be married. She should have, though, because she soon discovers that maybe the attraction is mutual…
 
MADversary:  Megan Walker doesn’t plan to attend her high school reunion, but her best friend Lisa begs her to come along.  Megan doesn’t want to risk running into her old boyfriend Tyler Green, a man who has since become rich and famous as the frontman of a heavy metal band called Madversary.  Lisa convinces her that Tyler would never show up for something like a reunion, so Megan gives in, only to regret it.  Because when Tyler does show up, the spark reignites, and she doesn’t know that she can bear letting him go again.
 
Be Careful What You Wish For:  Grad student Jessica is given an offer she plans to refuse—hundreds of dollars to try to seduce an angry wife’s maybe cheating husband.  But when the price just so happens to cover Jessica’s much-needed car repairs and she finds hot rocker Kage irresistible, she decides to give it a try, no matter the ultimate cost.
 
Bullet:  An Epic Rock Star Novel.  What if you discover the man you want is toxic?
 
She’d tasted a little bit of heaven with him, and now they’ve gone through hell and back, but can their relationship take anymore?
 
Valerie Quinn is a naïve college freshman when she meets on-the-rise rock star Ethan Richards.  He’s an idealistic, handsome, reckless young man, but he’s captured her heart.  She doesn’t give up on him and eventually his walls crumble down.  By the time Valerie has given herself to him completely, she discovers he’s damaged and may be beyond help.  Can she save Ethan and their relationship before he implodes, or will he self-destruct and take her with him?
 
 
Excerpt from Backstage Passion:  Bullet
Jade C. Jamison
 
I let out the breath I’d been holding in as Ethan rolled onto the bed.
 
I just lay there, concentrating on my breathing, focusing on relaxing.  He removed his condom and then rolled on his side to face me, so I rolled on my side as well.  That felt like fresh hell, but I tried not to let it show on my face.
 
And the look on his face was rare and…beautiful.  He looked happy, and that wasn’t a typical look for Ethan.  He looked peaceful.  He stroked my hair with his hand.  “You okay?”
 
I nodded.  The way he was looking at me made everything okay.  I smiled at him, letting him know I was fine.  “Yeah.  Had to be done, right?”
 
He grinned.  “No, not really.  You could’ve decided to become a nun.  They don’t have to do this, you know.”
 
I smiled again, sliding my arm under the pillow.  “I think in the long run that’d be more painful.”
 
“How?”
 
I shrugged my shoulders.  I didn’t want to tell him what I was thinking.  But I knew now.  I’d been experiencing some kind of awakening, and for all I knew, all girls went through it, but maybe I was a late bloomer.  Whatever the case, there was a sexual creature inside me that had been trapped, and once she’d discovered there was an escape, she would have pushed to get out.  I knew sex wouldn’t ever hurt like tonight again.  I knew there was some sort of sensual nirvana waiting for me, some revelation I had yet to discover.  Inside, I realized that.  And to deny that to myself my entire life would have hurt far worse than the temporary pain I’d endured to pass into womanhood.  And I wasn’t kidding myself either.  I knew I’d be hurting all night long, but it would soon pass.  I looked in Ethan’s green eyes, softer than I’d ever seen them before, and maybe that was due to the shitty lighting in the motel room, but he seemed open and vulnerable then.  Part of me wanted to tell him all my thoughts, but I too felt too exposed.  And after all we’d been through, another part of me felt like I couldn’t fully trust him.  Oh, I wanted to.  After all, I’d trusted him with one of the most sacred parts of myself that night.  But I wasn’t ready to tell him of my growing self-awareness, of my awakening identity.  I didn’t know that I wanted to tell anyone, because I didn’t fully understand it yet.  My smile was shy.  “I dunno.  Could you imagine spending your whole life not having sex?”
 
He stroked my hair again.  “Yeah, but my first time was nothing like that.”  He got closer and kissed me on the forehead.
 
“I’m okay.”
 
He rested his hand on my neck.  There was something in his eyes, but I just couldn’t read it.  What the hell was he thinking?  “I love you, Val.”
 
Oh.  Oh, wow.  Yeah, I loved him back, but for him to say it…and to say it first.  Holy crap.  Everything I’d ever heard about dysfunctional relationships (which I’d suspected we had) had made me believe I’d be the only one to ever say it, to ever really feel it.  But there it was.  He’d said it, and it took my breath away.  I don’t know that I was able to smile because I was so overwhelmed.  But I said it back.  “I love you too, Ethan.”  And then, seeing how his eyes lit up, I did smile.
 
He pulled me closer then, holding me in his arms, and after a while, I heard his breathing grow quiet but rhythmic.  His chest rose and fell slowly at the same intervals, and I knew he’d gone to sleep.  I shifted, but just a little, because every motion below my waist reminded me of the pain that was still with me.  I wished he was still awake, because I wanted him, needed him.  I wanted to talk to him, but then I realized I also just needed time for me.
 
I was overwhelmed with so many emotions, the first of which was my feelings of love for this man that had intensified.  Before, yes, I had felt love for Ethan, but nothing like this.  It was multiplied now and heavy, stretching into the deep caverns of my soul.  I wasn’t sure how to process it.
 
And then I was also almost giddy that I had just made a passage.  I was no longer a girl.  Truly, I’d been moving to womanhood already.  I’d been responsible for my own care for more than a year, what with living on my own at school, but somehow losing my virginity not only symbolized that process but affirmed it.
 
Lying there thinking about that, I then thought about my dad of all people.  I was no longer daddy’s little girl.  I was no longer his precious pearl, and he could no longer protect me from the world, from the beauty and wonder nor from the pain and torment.  I wondered what he and my mom would think if they knew.  I knew from the experiences over the past summer that they trusted me.  Whether that was due to realizing that they had to let go and let me make my own mistakes or if they just thought I was a young woman of incredible self-restraint, I didn’t know.
 
There was no clock in that hotel room, so I had no idea how long I lay there.  Ethan rolled over after a long while, leaving me alone with my thoughts.  Between them and the pain, I lay awake until what I was sure was early morning…all by myself.
 
 
BESTSELLING AMAZON AUTHOR
 
Jade C. Jamison was born and raised in Colorado, moved from one city/town to the next, and she’s decided she likes it so much she wants to stay…although travel is not out of the question.  She lives in a big town in Colorado (not unlike Winchester!) with her husband and four children.  She is working on becoming a crazy cat lady.  Okay, so maybe not.
 
Still want more?  Jade has a bachelor’s degree in English Literature and Theater, a master’s degree in English, and a master of fine arts in Creative Writing.  Obviously, she loves school and the student loan folks love her.  She works in human services by day, teaches English and creative writing at night, and—in between playing soccer mom and community leader—writes like a fiend.  Someday soon, she’ll narrow it down to just writing, but let’s get all those kids off to college first.
 
 
Goodreads Author Link:
 
Link to Facebook:
 
Link to website:
 
Link to Twitter:
 
Amazon Author Link:
 
 
 

 


 


 
 



 


 



 



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment