Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review: Death of a Rock Star by N. J. Frost

Add to Goodreads:
 
 
This book is intended for a mature audience 18+
It contains strong language, sex and references to drug use.

“Troubled rock star Jamie Grimes was found dead at his London home earlier today.”

So there you have it. Jamie is dead… and it's no surprise.
A victim of his addictions - his love of drugs and his love for her.

Sylvie Smith isn’t just any girl.
She was my best friend’s girl.
No, not just his girl, she was his downfall.
She’s the last woman on earth I should want,
but the instant I set eyes on her I know.
She will be my downfall too…

Thrown together in the aftermath of Jamie’s death, Blake and Sylvie's worlds are set to collide. Are they a disaster waiting to happen or an epic love story about to begin?

Find out in this prequel novella to THE BOY IN THE BAND.
 
 

This is a prequel novella to an upcoming book called The Boy in the Band.
Wow, this is how you write a prequel, it hooked me from page one and now I can't wait to read more.
Blake is a recovering addict and plays in a band.  He gets the call he almost expected to receive one day, Jamie is dead.  His best friend.
Sylvie was Jamie's girlfriend, not a loyal girlfriend, she spread her 'love' around to plenty of other guys, especially boy band guys.  She works for an indie music label in London.
Sylvie and Blake have never met but he has heard a lot about her from Jamie.  Blake finally comes face to face with Sylvie after Jamie's funeral, she is drunk and will never remember meeting him this night but Blake is completely captivated with her.
"She's like a fucking homing beacon to me.  I'm drawn to her against my will, against all reason.  It's such a fucking cliche." - Blake
He now understands why Jamie was so addicted to her, how she could have destroyed him.  Blake wants her but he hates her too.  He will not give into his desire out of loyalty to Jamie.  Or will he?
 
"But the dark rogue part of my heart whispers, fuck it, I couldn't think of a more beautiful way to fall..." - Jamie
 
This prequel is filled with so much sadness, hurt, passion and angst that you just know The Boy in The Band is going to consume you.
 
I give this book 5 stars.
 
Amazon:
 
 
Facebook:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment