Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: Room For You by Beth Ehemann

Add to Goodreads:
 
 
Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.

I tried to pick up the pieces and glue them back together the best I knew how, but something was always missing.

A father for my two girls.

But then, Brody Murphy landed on my doorstep, literally. He was a carefree, playful hockey player who barged into my life and messed with my head. He left me more confused than I had ever been.

What if the one thing I thought I needed was the only thing holding me back?
 
 
This was a great surprise to read.  I bought it on a whim and really enjoyed it.
The first thing that hooked me in was that it was a second chance at love story.  The other draw card was that there were cute little girls as well.  I also loved that the main characters were not new adult, they had a bit of life experience already :)
Kacie has two cute little twin girls and lives with her mum at the Cranberry Inn.  Her mum owns the inn so it's like a bed and breakfast place.  Her boyfriend left her when the girls were still babies and she has been raising them alone, with the help of her mum of course.  She works, is studying and has a really busy life, no time for dating at all.
Brody Murphy is a well known NHL Hockey star.  He is freaking gorgeous and is a woman magnet.  What I loved the most about him is that he loves his mum :)  Any guy who loves his mum is a keeper because it shows that he respects women :)
A weather bomb lands and over 12 hours the Inn slowly fills up with guests who are stranded and need a bed for the night.  The last person to show up is Brody and his dog Diesel, there is no spare bed but he happily takes the sofa by the fire.
There is instant attraction between Kacie and Brody - and then there are the girls, nicknamed the 'Twinkies' by Brody, the interaction between Lucy, Piper and Brody is so damn cute!
Brody ends up staying for two nights and he forms a special connection Kacie that he wants to explore.  Kacie is wary of pursuing anything with him because she doesn't get why someone like him would want someone like her.  She feels like she is damaged from her previous relationship, she feels scarred.
"I know, but the thing about scars, Kacie, over time they fade and get smaller.  It's time for yours to disappear." - Brody
She decides to take a chance on Brody but there is always this underlying worry that he could leave her and be with someone more glamorous and she is worried that if the girls get attached to him that all three of them will be heartbroken if he decided to walk away from them all.  Kacie doesn't think she is what he really wants.  Can Brody show her how much they deserve to be happy together before she runs away from him to protect her 'safe' way of life?
I love stories like this because it shows that there is someone out there for everyone and it's okay to chance.  It also shows the true reality of single parenting and dating someone who has children.
Favourite quote:
"You've made me realise I want more.  I want everything, and I want it with you" - Brody
Really sweet story and very easy to read :)
I give this 4 twinkie stars.
 
Amazon:
 
B&N:
 
 
Facebook:
 
Twitter:
 
 
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment