Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review: Breakable by Tammara Webber

Add to Goodreads:
 
 
He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.


As a child,
Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met
Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.
 
 
I fell head over heels for Lucas when I read Easy. So, it was a given that I was beyond excited to hear we would be getting a book from his POV. I pre-ordered my copy and waited impatiently for release day to get here. And as soon as the book hit my kindle, I read nonstop! The only regret I have now is, I read it too fast. 

This book is SO very different from Easy. While it is set during the same span of time, we also get Lucas' past. Each chapter set up in a way where half is dedicated to Landon and his past, the second half is Lucas and the present. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked this as I wanted the Lucas I had come to know and love in the first book. But after a few chapters, the past/present combo really grew on me and I loved getting to know both sides of him. 

I must say, it was difficult to read about all that "Landon" went through. You could easily see the downward spiral he was on, with no one there it stop it. He suffered so much loss at such a young age and had nobody around to truly help him process it all. But seeing all he struggled through and against helped me understand him more as "Lucas".

And while we do get some repeat scenes from Easy in Breakable, they didn't feel the same to me as I was reading them through a different set of eyes. Being able to experience how Lucas was feeling or what he was thinking in the same moments we had already lived through Jacqueline was refreshing. I am one who loves to get both sides of the story, so this book was pure heaven for me! 

Saying a final goodbye to these characters was not easy, as they were so easy to love. But I can say I at least walk away a happy reader having gotten to know them both through each of their books, both individually and together. I am now anxious to see what Ms. Webber has in store for us with her future books! 
 
 
 Amazon:
 
Barnes & Noble:
 
 
Website:
 
Facebook:
 
Twitter:
 
Goodreads:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment