Saturday, May 3, 2014

Review: Frigid by J. Lynn

 
Add to Goodreads:
 
 
For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.
 
 
This book has been sitting on my kindle for a while. It was one that knew I REALLY wanted to read as soon as the author started releasing teasers. But when it came out, life got in the way. I was knee deep in blogging commitments and when I wasn't swamped with that, I was busy being a mom. But recently, I have cut WAY back on blogging so I can attempt to tackle all those books that have been sitting there, neglected on my ereader. The first one that caught my eye as I was scrolling through was...Frigid.

Sydney was a character that I found easy to like, even relatable in some ways. I think we all have had that crush that we were too scared to let them know our true feelings for fear of rejection. But for her, it goes a bit deeper because her crush is also her best friend. Kyler has been in her life forever, so the stakes are even higher if it turns out he doesn't feel the same way. So, instead of risking it, she sits back and watches girl after girl stroll in and out of Kyler's life.

As you may have guessed from my above statement, Kyler is a bit of a whore dog. He is so bad, there are times when he doesn't even remember their names! But it is obvious he cares deeply for Sydney which was his one redeeming quality and ultimately what won me over when it came to him. He holds her to a higher standard than he does every other girl and believes she is out of his league. But could it be possible that he feels the same for her as she does for him?

I loved the chemistry between Sydney and Kyler. How they managed to stay just friends for so long truly baffled me. It really was no surprise when circumstances threw them together, that things heat up. But are they willing to cross the lines of friendship to explore what could be so much more than either ever expected? Well, you are going to need to read Frigid to find out! Believe me, you will be glad you did.

I have read quite a few books by this author, both as J. Lynn and Jennifer Armentrout and loved every single one of them. So, I knew before even starting Frigid it was going to be a great read. And I was not disappointed. The author has a nice balance of angst, romance, steam and even a bit of mystery. Definitely a story that snags your attention from the beginning and one you have to keep reading to find out how things are going to turn out. My only complaint is that I didn't want it to end!
 
 
Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment