Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review: Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank

Add to Goodreads:
 
 
Tick, tick, tock.

Time.

That’s all I have now.

A small room, a photograph, and time.

They want me to trust them and confess my sins.

They told me they wouldn't judge me—they lied.

I thought we could convince the world that this wasn't a crime.

We were wrong.

Time doesn't stand still.

The clock keeps ticking, the world is unconvinced, and now…

Now he is gone.
 
 
This book seriously blew me away!! Truly a beautifully written story and will definitely go down as one of my all time faves. Five stars are not nearly enough to rate this book!

The synopsis for Veiled Innocence gave away so little as to what the story was going to be about, I kind of felt like I was going in blind. But I knew I was in for a treat, regardless of where the story took me. It is an Ella Frank book after all and I knew I wouldn't regret one-clicking no matter what!

And I was right!

This book is one about a teacher/student relationship. I have only read a handful of these types of stories and I have to say, this is the BEST one thus far.

We get to hear not only from Addison (the student), but also Grayson (the teacher as well). Getting to "hear" both voices truly took the story to the next level. It gives you a greater understanding of the dynamic of the relationship between these two.

Addison doesn't have the greatest home life anymore and it causes her to act out in a way that she wouldn't have a few years ago. She is looking for love and attention in all the wrong places. She has on a "I'm perfect" facade and refuses to let it slip for any one.

Until Grayson.

He brings out all the parts of her that she has buried for so long. How is it possible that someone so right for her, can be so wrong at the same time? The pull between them is undeniable. How far are they willing to let things go?

Definitely a MUST read. It is full of emotional twist and turns, plenty of steam and will keep you intrigued until the very last page!
 photo imagejpg1_zps662ac538.jpg
 
 
Amazon: 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment