Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Release Day Blitz: As the Dawn Breaks by Erin Noelle

 
 
"I've flown halfway across the globe to watch the love of my life marry the love of hers."

 
He never intended on returning home...

 
Never second-guessed the life he'd chosen...

 
Never planned on meeting someone that would make him want more...

 
But everything can change As the Dawn Breaks.
 
You know how sometimes you finish reading a book and there is a secondary character who you are really drawn to, you find yourself wondering what happened to them?  This awesome novella is like reading an extended epilogue that will leave you completely satisfied - plus it also has an epilogue :)
We met Leo in When The Sun Goes Down.  He is best friends with Kat and has loved & cared for her for many years.  Two years have passed since he last saw her and he is now living in Croatia, existing in a quiet life and just keeping to himself.  He flies back to the US to attend Kat & Lucca's wedding and has one of those once in a lifetime soul deep connections with a beautiful girl called Trystan.  She is everything he never knew he wanted or needed.  He is the first man in a long time to make her feel beautiful.
They are only together for a short amount of time but it is enough to forever cement a connection between them that time and distance cannot sever.  There are reasons they cannot be together and why their time with each other has a limit.
This is one of those 'what if' moments that you with someone where you have a choice to live in the moment or let the moment slip away.
I fell head over heels in love with Leo and completely inhaled this beautiful new chapter in his life.
Loved this and I give it 4.5 stars
Reading order
When the Sun Goes Down (Dusk Til Dawn #1)
As the Dawn Breaks (Dusk Til Dawn #1.5)
 
The mischievous glimmer in his eyes speaks volumes, and I—never being one to back down from a challenge—immediately slide the straps of my dress off my shoulders, studying his face as the fabric falls to the ground. Unsure of what to expect with him, since pretty much everything he’s said and done thus far contradicts what I consider to be the norm for guys, I wait for him to say something. However, instead of using words, he speaks with actions. Quirking his brow up as to ask for permission, I nod in response, knowing exactly what he wants to do. He closes the gap between us and lifts his large hands up, splaying them across my belly. Lightly, his thumbs stroke back and forth, caressing the stretched skin, our gazes locked on where our bodies meet.
“Fucking beautiful,” he hisses under his breath.
 
I tear my gaze from his hands, peer up at him through my lashes, and offer a faint smile. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Leo. And don’t curse around my baby,” I say, playfully slapping his chest, breaking us free from the heavy moment. Too many feels are happening, and I can’t afford to do feels. “Now it’s your turn. Strip for me, old man."
His hands leave my body, accompanied by a scowl. “You are beautiful and I’m not old.” Then, he swiftly pulls his t-shirt over his head and tosses it on top of the blanket.
I laugh and roll my eyes, trying desperately not to gawk at his very toned and very tan torso, but as usual, I fail epically. The tattoo of a lion’s profile inked across his left pec catches my attention instantly, and without his permission, I reach up and trace it with my fingertip, closely studying the intricate design. Entwined into the tendrils of the mane, a quote is hidden: Courage without conscious is a wild beast.
“Now that is fucking beautiful,” I murmur softly. “Tell me what it means.”
Bringing his forefinger up under my chin, he tilts my head so I’m staring into his smiling eyes. “Maybe later, and don’t curse around the baby, young lady.”
 
“Touché,” I reply with a grin. Tou-fucking-ché.
 
 
 
 
Erin Noelle is a Texas native, where she lives with her husband and two young daughters. While earning her degree in History at the University of Houston, she rediscovered her love for reading that was first instilled by her grandmother when she was a young child. A lover of happily-ever-afters, both historical and current, Erin is an avid reader of all romance novels. In 2013, she published the Book Boyfriend Series, which included books Metamorphosis, Ambrosia, Euphoria, and Timeless, and recently published When the Sun Goes Down, a contemporary romance novel. Her books have been a part of the USA Today Bestselling list and the Amazon and Barnes & Noble overall Top 100.
 



 
 
HOSTED BY:
EJ Button
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment