Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read for Various Reasons


"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original featured post created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read for Various Reasons...The Good ones I kept turning the pages of, The Bad ones I finished out of curiosity and The Ugly ones I DNF'd.


The Bad ones I finished out of curiosity

395871 1895792

1. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith- I stuck it out for the first few books however I have no clue why. I disliked the characters and the plot could not hold me. To be honest...I only started the books because I was watching the series and I became curious. Needless to say, I still watch the series. Faithful fan from day one, the books on the other hand are not for me. 

 7129588

2. Forget You by Jennifer Echols- I was in a strong YA Romance phase when I bought this one. I read it years ago and I don't recall much about the story line other then there being missing memory, a car accident and a HOT guy on crutches. I failed to connect with the heroine so in the end this book fell flat and I only finished it because I wanted to know the ending.

 13542270
  
3. Sweet Giselle by Karen Williams - THIS. BOOK. WAS. NOT. FOR. ME. It started good and took a major nose dive...It had vile things in it that turned my stomach. I can't even believe I finished it. Hard read? DEFINITELY.  And that's all I have to say about that. 




6304335

4. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - While an intriguing story that held my attention for over 400 plus pages. It had some very slow moments that would occasionally bore me. Hard read? Hell yeah. I only trucked through due to my curiosity but by the end I decided it was not worth me continuing the series. I'm glad it became a movie. The movie did NOT bore me.

The Ugly ones I DNF'd 


 11918

5. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong - Sadly, even in my wolf loving PNR phase I just could not get with this book, the story did not hold me and it resulted in me calling it quits. Hard read? Yes. I DNF'd I it. I also tried the television series when it came on cable, but still it did NOTHING for me.
 
 6239873

 6. Splendor (Book #4 in Luxe series) - What a wonderful series by Anna Godbersen! I truly LOVED and thoroughly enjoyed each book in this series. Unfortunately the last book turned in to a BIG FAT DNF because some douche on Goodreads ruined the ending by failing to mark their review as a spoiler. Needless to say it was a hard read. So I decided to not finish out of pure anger of already having the answers I would seek out while reading.

The Good Ones I kept turning the pages of

6982581

7. Moth To A Flame by Ashley Antoinette - So many things happened..So many emotions.. I had a hard time finishing this book because the author took a risk in her writing. A twist. and I never saw it coming. I enjoyed the book but when the BOOM HIT. I had a very very hard time getting over it.

 15739018

8. Taking Chances by Molly McAdams - I've gotta be honest this book took the fear factor out of me that's for damn sure. A hard read? Hell to the YES. It has a major twist. Yet, I found I was no longer afraid of the possibilities of what could go down in a book. It gave me an 'anything can happen out look' which I still carry to this very day.

 13345975

9. Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde - First of all I should just say that I love this series. Second I want to say that I HATE JACK. He and Lexi both made this book an extremely hard read for me. Not sure how I got through it without breaking heavy objects with the ability to shatter in to tiny pieces.

 17999935
10. Arsen by Mia Asher -  A hard read? Ummm..Yes. I mean really...when a book has a blurb like this

One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.


Expect to have your heart ripped from it's chest cavity, okay.


Well, here is my list and trust me I down sized cause there are a few more but these were...Let's just say these were most memorable.

Tell me some of your
'Books That Were Hard For Me To Read for Various Reasons...'






2 comments:

  1. I quite enjoyed the first book in The Vampire Diaries series. I mean, it wasn't amazing literature, but I liked seeing how it influenced many of the YA vampire books that came later (because it was written over 20 years ago)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it may not have been amazing literature..I just don't think it was for me. The direction it took with the characters failed to impress me. Also I think because I watched this series I was comparing. Maybe if I read it before the show came on I would have been hooked...or maybe not..

      Delete