Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Spotlight: Reaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde

 
Reaper's Legacy (Reaper's MC, Book #2)
By: Joanna Wylde
Release Date: January 28th
 
 
WELCOME TO THE CLUB

Eight years ago, Sophie gave her heart—and her virginity—to Zach Barrett on a night that couldn’t have been less romantic or more embarrassing. Zach’s step-brother, a steely-muscled, tattooed biker named Ruger, caught them in the act, getting a peep show of Sophie he’s never forgotten.

She may have lost her dignity that fateful night, but Sophie also gained something precious—her son Noah. Unfortunately, Zach’s a deadbeat dad, leaving Ruger to be Noah’s only male role model. When he discovers Sophie and his nephew living in near poverty, Ruger takes matters into his own hands—with the help of the Reapers Motorcycle Club—to give them a better life.

Living with outlaw bikers wasn’t Sophie’s plan for her son, but Ruger isn’t giving her a choice. He’ll be there for Noah, whether she wants him or not. But Sophie does want him, has always wanted him. Now she’ll learn that taking a biker to bed can get a girl dirty in every way…
 
 
 *ARC provided by author for an honest review*
 
I am not going to bore you with repeating what the synopsis already gives you. It does a pretty good good of telling you exactly what to expect with this book. What I will tell you is, even though this book is Sophie and Ruger's, you will still get plenty of those that you came to know and love in Reaper's Property. That is something I love about series such as this one. You never lose those characters that hold a special place in your heart! 

Okay, now on to my thoughts! 

I didn't think it would be possible to love this series anymore than I already did. 

But I was so very wrong! 

While I loved the raw and grittiness of Reaper's Property (what girl doesn't want a Horse of her very own?!), I must say, I loved the vibe of Reaper's Legacy just a little bit more. I think the reason why is because of the whole "I want you but I can't have you because I can't stand you" type love affair going on with Sophie and Ruger. These two had so much unfulfilled sexual tension between them that it was making them lash out out one another. And I must say, It. Was. Freaking. HOT!! 

Another factor that really made this book stand out for me is as much as I love my MC reads, I really liked that all the drama that comes with them was more in the background this time. This book truly focuses on the building relationship between Ruger and Sophie. Don't get me wrong, the MC definitely is very much still part of this series, but it was just tone downed. We get just enough to remind us of the craziness that comes with that lifestyle! 

And even thought the heat between Sophie and Ruger was steamalious, they were about more than that. Ruger has been there for Sophie whenever she has needed him. He has come to her rescue more often than not. But no matter how hard they try to keep things platonic for Noah's sake, they can only deny how they feel for so long. But Sophie wants no part of the MC and Ruger isn't giving up the life for no one. So, it seems these two are at an impasse with no hope for resolution. 

Or are they?? 

Well, you just need to read Ruger and Sophie's story to find out if they can find a way to make things work. Or will they agree that it is best to just remain friends for Noah?

I can not wait for the next book on this series! I am hooked. 
 
 

AMAZON
 

KOBO
 
Barnes and Noble:
 
 
Joanna Wylde is a freelance writer and voracious reader. You can visit her website at www.joannawylde.net
 
 
Twitter: joannawylde
 
 
For those who have not read book one of this series, here is a lttle info as well as my review. These books can be read as a standalone, but I wouldn't suggest it due to crossover characters. Just makes it easier to know who is who and what is going on if you read the books in order!
 
 
Reaper's Property (Reaper's MC, Book #1)
By: Joanna Wylde
 
 
Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, badass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.

But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.

Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.

Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live.
Maybe.

A Romantica® contemporary erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave.
 
 
I seriously was hesitant to buy this book. I have not paid this much for one in a very long time. But after I downloaded and read the sample from Amazon, I was hooked. So, I took the plunge and forked over the $7. And let me tell you, IT WAS WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY I SPENT!!!!!!!!!

This book is rude, crude and in your face. There is no sunshine and butterflies in this one. This is about the inner workings of a motorcycle club (MC) and how they deal with those that betray them. Mix in a hot as hell club member who has the hots for some chick that won't give him the time of a day, and you have the makings of an unconventional love story.

Marie walks in on a scene out a movie. Her brother, Jeff, is beaten so badly he is barely recognizable, on his knees in the middle of the broken down trailer they share. He is surrounded by members of the MC he has been doing work for with the prez holding a gun to his head. Seems ol' Jeffy boy has been getting a little greedy and sticking his fingers in a pot they didn't belong in. The club is willing to offer Jeff an extension and it involves Marie. But is she willing to agree to the terms?

From the moment Horse sees Marie, he has to have her. And the need only grows the more time he spends with her. But the last encounter between them didn't end well and there seems to be no chance in hell of having her. That is until her brother's screw up presents him with the perfect opportunity. He makes a request of the MC to allow Jeff more time to come up with the funds he stole and he will keep Marie as collateral to ensure he follows through.

She is willing to do anything to save her brother, so Marie agrees to go with Horse. There could be worse things than being stuck with someone you have smokin' hot sexual chemistry right? But will her brother come through with the money? And will she survive being thrust into the MC life?

Let me tell you, this book is one intense read. There are some scenes that are so freakin' HAWT, they had me blushing! And that is saying something cause not even the Red Room of Pain had that affect of me! I loved how there was no sugar coating of any of the events happening. They were raw and in your face real.

And the writing was great. I loved the dual POV and the past/present looks that we got. I have read many books where the authors have tried this and the flow just didn't work. So not the case here! Ms. Wylde had me hooked from the very first chapter! As I said above, this book is worth even penny! I can't not wait for the next book in the series.
 
 
AMAZON
 
KOBO
Barnes and Noble:
 


 
 
 

 

 
 
 


 

 
 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment