Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review: Brother's Keeper by Elizabeth Finn

SPOILER FREE REVIEW(Must be 18yrs or older, mature content.)
3.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Erotic Romance

Calling All Smut lovers..
This one is for you!


“Now, slowly pull your leotard down. Leave your tights on.” She obeys to a tee, and before long I’m admiring her impressive ass through the opaque material of her tights. Her cheeks are visible under the tight fabric, and I swallow my desire painfully, wanting nothing more than to touch her.
“Now your tights—slowly. Bend over to your feet when you pull them down.” ~Logan to Rowan

Ok seriously there is nothing YA about this book... It should just be classified as a NA Romance because HOT DAMN it's spicy.

At ten years old Rowan is in a life altering car accident that left her motherless on I-35 north of Kansas city. Now having to live with her dad, who should never even be addressed by that title... He is more like a sperm donor for all the good he is to Rowan. Six months after the accident they move to Grand Rapids, Michigan. The one good thing that came from the move is Sara Harrington.

Sara is beautiful, fun and popular. She lives with both her parents and older brother Logan. Rowan and Sara become inseparable and they do everything together. Including Dance class. Rowan talks to her father on one of his more sober days and is granted permission to attend dance.

Rowan loves to dance in fact she excels at it! Problem is his check bounce or he just doesn't pay at all. Soon the Harrington's begin to pay for her lessons but when Rowan gets older she takes on a part time job to pay on her own.

Due to her fathers very temperamental drunk behavior and abusive actions Rowan spends a lot of her time at the Harrington's. In just a few more months she'll be 18yr old and moving with Sara to study dance at Michigan State. After returning home from work Rowan goes to bed only to be woken by her father in his drunken stupor by his fist. Rowan narrowly escapes... She bicycles to the nearest gas station to call Sara. Only Sara doesn't answer... It's Logan.. When he realizes Rowan's been crying he gets pissed. And when he pulls up to the gas station to pick her up and notices She is barefoot with a bloody face he becomes livid.

Logan is in his last year at law school. He has known Rowan since she was ten. At 24 he has his future mapped out and a job awaiting him in Denver at a law firm. Everything changes after tonight... Not only does he break the law by not reporting the abuse Rowan suffered but he comes up with a plan. He decides to give her a key to his place so that she can have a safe haven.

Not knowing the temptation that is ahead.


“Are you taking me to my house, Logan?”
“You know I’m not.”
“Then you’re taking me back to your place, Logan?”
“You know I am.”
“Why didn’t you let me stay with Sara, Logan?”
“Shut up.”
“Why did you drop Amy off, Logan?”
“Shut up.”
“How much do you want to f*ck me right now, Logan?”


Thoughts
A lot of people talk about the age gap but it did not bother me in the least I met my husband 2 1/2 months before my 18th Birthday... We are 8 years apart you do the math... I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it happens.

These two struggle with their feelings for one another mainly due to the age gap. Logan holds back and honestly I don;t know how he does it. The chemistry these two possessed had my Kindle on fire! He was so gentle and so sweet and oh so very patient. I think he deserves a reward for his thoughtfulness and patience.
Storyline wise I thought it was a little predictable as far as the twist however it did not detract from the story.

Fave lines

Give … me … what … I … want. I promise you won’t be disappointed.”
~Logan

“Colorado will be there in four years.” ~Logan

Dear readers
I recommend this to all those looking for a sweet romance with a good dose of smut!

My Ratings
Characters- Lovable
Writing Style- Sexy, Sweet and Raw
Plot/Storyline- Savory and Honest
Steam Factor- High/Very Steamy
Overall- I loved it!!!! Read it!!!
Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment