Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review: Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan

 
Out of Breath (The Breathing Series #3)
By: Rebecca Donovan
 
 
Emma leaves Weslyn and everyone in it behind to attend Stanford University, just as she always intended. A shell of her former self, she is not the same girl. She is broken, and the only way that she’ll be whole again is through forgiveness. Emma must find a way to forgive herself and recognize her own worth before she can receive the love she deserves. This final installment will have readers holding their breath until the very last page.
 
 
 

 photo image_zps3f297d49.jpg
 
That is how I am feeling right now. I waited a whole year for the conclusion for this series, and now I am feeling sad that it is over. I want to go back and relive all the emotional ups and downs I experienced the first time I read about Emma and all the people in her life. 

But I can't and it sucks.

I have read and reviewed many books in the past year that I have raved about. Books that I added on my favorites shelf and would recommend a million times over. There are characters that I loved and those I loved to hate. But none of them have ever touched me quite like this series. 

Emma is a powerful character. She has lived in the depths of hell and survived. She is the one who has impacted me the most of all the books I have ever read. The way Rebecca Donovan has written her story, makes it impossible not to love Emma. And there is never a character who deserved a HEA more than her. 

Now, I won't lie and say this final book in Emma's journey was all rainbows and butterflies. She makes some decisions that I didn't agree with at all. But at the same time, I understood she was broken. Leaving Evan was not an easy decision for her. Yes, it was her choice to leave but as I said in my review for Barely Breathing, she did it because she felt it was the right thing to do. Couple that with the fact she was never really given the opportunity to just be, lead to very poor choices. 

It truly was a book of her finding herself, making peace with a past she can not change and in the end learning to live

I know for so many (myself included) there was no way this book could be what I wanted if she didn't end of with Evan. But I can honestly say now, I no longer feel that way. After going through Emma's struggles in OOB to find some sort of balance in her life, I only wanted her happiness in the end. No matter how or who she found that with. And I am happy with how things turned out. 

I am going to end my review by saying if you have not read this series, you are truly missing out. Not only is the story a powerful one that everyone should experience, but the writing is beautiful. Ms. Donovan has a true gift and I can not wait for the opportunity to experience more of her work. 

Reason to Breathe (Book One of The Breathing Series)
 
Barely Breathing (Book Two of The Breathing Series)
 
 
REASON TO BREATHE (Book #1 of The Breathing Series) BUY LINK
 
 
BARELY BREATHING (Book #2 of The Breathing Series) BUY LINK

OUT OF BREATH (Book #3 of The Breathing Series) LINKS

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment