Thursday, December 6, 2012

Avoiding Responsibility By K.A. Linde

Goodreads Summary:
 
Lexi has finally given up her once destructive relationships and moved onto bigger and better things with a sexy new man in town. Just when she is starting to figure it out with him, her world is tilted once again with a phone call from none other than Ramsey Bridges. A year after his entrance into her life, Ramsey is trying to make amends and does the one thing she never expects—invites her to Jack's wedding.

The wedding she had evaded at all costs. But no matter what she does, Lexi can't seem to escape her past with Jack. But does she really want to?

Despite the explosive chemistry between Lexi and Ramsey, she is skeptical about trusting him after everything that has happened. When things are amiss with him, she starts questioning his motives. Can Ramsey be the one to remove Jack from Lexi's life permanently or should she move on with her blossoming new life?

 
My Thoughts: 

Lies….Lies…..And More Lies……   Sums this book up!

K.A. is back with her second book of the Avoiding series.  Its chalk full of lies, deceit, angst, passion and intrigue…. Oh and love???

Lexi surprised me!  That year away from Jack sure helped her grow up.  That was one of the things that bothered me in AC (Avoiding Commitment).  She was so damn whiny that it drove me crazy!  But in AR, we get to see a more grown up side of her that I really liked and respected…..well to a point.

Ramsey is still hot as ever.  We find out so much about his background and what makes him…well him.  And me likey!!!  Yes, he made mistakes…but haven’t we all??  It was forgivable; at least in my eyes.  I loved how he lit up every time Lexi walked into the room.  I also loved his patience.  Oh yeah…and his totally hot body!  YUMMY!

Jack—Where the hell was Jack???  I seriously missed him, even though I am Team Ramsey.  I missed the tension between him and Lexi. We only get a couple of short snippets of it.   I wish he would have been there more. 

I had a difficult time with this one going back and forth from past to present.   In AC, the time span was so much longer and I didn’t have this issue.  But in AR, the time span is only a few months and I had to keep going back to find out if I was in the past or present.  About 35% through, I got the hang of it and was able to switch no problem.  

The sub characters in this story are still as crazy as ever!  Bekah....is a bi#$%!  And I still want her to get stomped into the ground!  Chyna is well..the same crazy BFF!  I do love her! She's gonna need a spin off book!

I loved how descriptive K.A. is with her characters.  She draws me into their pain, angst and passion.  Overall, I did love this book.  I loved the characters and the drama.  BUT the big problem is…….I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!  Bring on Avoiding #3!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment