Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Review: All In by Raine Miller

Goodreads Summary:
 
Ethan Blackstone has problems. He's broken the trust of the woman he loves and she's left him because of it. Ethan isn't giving up though--he's determined to get his girl back. Their passion together was explosive, but their secrets are even darker and more frightening. With political threats directed at Brynne, Ethan has no choice but to fight for her, to win her love, and to protect her from the very dangers that could take her away from him forever. He’s willing to risk everything to have Brynne and to keep her safe. He’ll go all in…



My Thoughts:

IT'S ETHAN'S POINT OF VIEW!!! I thought I was invested before in the first book, boy was I wrong.  All In grabbed me, wrapped me in a straight jacket and wouldn't let me go!  (Not that I wanted it too)  To say I love Ethan is a total understatement!  Obsessed---Yes; Lustful---Most Definitely; Yearning--Absolutely; Want--Undeniably!!  Mr. Blackstone is my new number one book boyfriend hands down.  (And he beat out lost of hot men!)

Hearing this story from Ethan's POV put a totally different spin on it for me.  I loved hearing his inner most thoughts about his passion, love, obsession, hurt and jealousy.  All the things he held back and the hatred thoughts that crossed his mind, but never came out of his lips. 

Raine put so much depth and realism in Ethan that I could reach out and touch him.  I loved how detailed and descriptive everything is throughout this book.  The bedroom scenes were unbelievably real and hot!  It was all encompassing.  Oh and there were lots....and...lots....and....lots.....and....lots...and....lots of these scenes.  They were like rabbits!

I am happy that some of my questions from Naked were answered such as "What exactly happened to Brynne?"

But I did NOT like how this book just ended............POOF....DONE...WTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? 

And yes I did notice I haven't said much about Brynne.  With no having her POV voice, I didn't feel as connected to her.  Not a disconnect...just not a deep connection.

Oh, I have to say something about the British slang.  I'm American and I don't hear it ever...so some of the terminology..got me!

"Shag"--Ok so I knew this one from Austin Powers
"Bugger Me!"

We also get a small treat of Simba, the fishes, point of view.  It was unusual, but kept my interest.

I absolutely CAN NOT wait for the next book!!! I need more Ethan NOW!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment