Friday, December 21, 2012

Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown

Summary:

Ever since Daphne Harper graduated from college, all of her friends have fallen in love, become engaged and walked down the aisle. Be it a blessing or a curse, Daphne (a hopeless romantic and perpetual single girl) catches the bouquet at every single wedding she attends.

Daphne’s love life is a mess. Her first love, Mayson, haunts her heart and keeps her from pursuing happiness with any man who comes along. As she struggles to move on from the one who got away, Daphne wonders if she will ever break her curse and find her happily ever after.



My Thoughts:

I was pulling for Daphne like crazy.  I so wanted her to pull strength from within herself to move on.  I connected deeply with her predicament and felt her pain right along with her. 

Mayson was a don in my eyes. I did not care for him at all.  He was a typical use'em and abuse'em man to me. Ughh... Melissa did a great job writing him so I would dispise him!

Melissa did a wonderful job with the flow of this story.  We learn about Daphne and Mayson's past by flashbacks of their time together.  It was very easy to get transported back and forth.  Even though I loved the back story, I did not care for Mayson at all.

Daphne sure goes through so much to try to move on.  Melissa's up and down drove me crazy!  I wanted to yell her her to get away from him!  Ughh..

Overall, very well written book.  Highly recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment