Friday, December 28, 2012

Review: My Misery Muse by Brei Betzold

 
Goodreads Summary

First young love gets sidetracked by dreams that take them on two different journeys, but an unknown bond brings them back together again. Devi Porter an up-and-coming tattoo artist in Dallas is trying to live her life as best as possible, but never able to forget the love she had with Seth. Seth a bassist for the popular band My Misery Muse is struggling with his fellow band members with the lifestyle that he now lives. The band decides to go home to Dallas to work on their latest album as well as to work out their problems out from under the glare of the media. Seth and Devi meet up again and both realize they have a lot to work out between themselves as well. As they get reacquainted life and obstacles are thrown at them at every turn, are they able to overcome them to become the family neither really had?


3.5 hearts My Thoughts
I tried really hard to love this book. But it ended up being just okay for me. The main problem I had was that it felt like there were too many holes in the story. An example, Seth leaves to pursue his music career but never talks to ANYONE back home for the entire time he is gone? I mean I could see him not speaking to Devi but none of his friends? Another example, Devi tries to contact Seth for 6 months straight but can't get in touch with him? Or any of the other members of the band who she and her brother are also friends with? Just didn't make sense to me!! Especially considering that she had something so important to tell him.

The final issue was the editing. I can normally overlook this if i really love the book. But with this one, they seemed to stick out to me more because I wasn't as involved with the characters as I normally am.

I think the book was a good start for this author. The smexy scenes were pretty hot. and i love how we got a kick butt tattooed, pierced heroine in this book. And I totally had cover love which is what persuaded me to buy the book. I will probably pick up the next book in the series just to see how the story and the author have progressed.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment