Sunday, October 14, 2012

Letting Go (Mitchell Family Series #1) by Jennifer Foor


Letting Go (Mitchell Family Series #1)

By Jennifer Foor

 
What’s a girl to do? 

After catching her boyfriend (well they weren’t technically together-but kinda were) with another woman, Savanna high tales it out of his place.  Ty knows he screwed up and goes in search for her only he’s had a bit too much to drink.  Ty ends up in a horrible car accident and ends up in a coma for six months.  Savanna’s guilt is waning on her.  She feels that if she didn’t run that night, he wouldn’t have gotten into the accident.

Savanna has sat with Ty every day for 6 months, only leaving to go to class, which she is very dedicated to school.  She and Ty’s friends have shunned her and Ty’s parents blame her for the accident too.  Savanna prays that Ty will wake up, but he never does.

Colt, a southern boy and total gentleman, comes to town to help Ty’s dad with the farm since Ty is down and out.  Colt is Ty’s cousin. 

Sparks fly between Savanna and Colt, but she tries to hold back.  Well at least for 24 hours right.  It’s been a long time. 

When Ty wakes up, all of it blows up.  Colt is in love with Savanna.  Savanna feels obligated to Ty.  Savanna is in love with Colt though. 

 

I did like this story.  It is a college romance, but doesn’t focus on the college aspect entirely.  Colt and Savanna’s connection is wonderful.  I felt them growing together and becoming one.  I like how Colt let Savanna deal with what was going on in her head. 

 I felt pissed at Ty.  He was a womanizer and cheat!  I did feel really bad for Savanna when she found out about his cheating ways. 

This story did have a lot of ‘How did I get myself into this mess.’ By the 100th time of it, it did get old.  I just think that it could have been written more angsty in that sense.  Drag you in a little more.

The next book out will be Ty’s story. I’m looking forward to it!  I didn’t like Ty at all at first, but he grew on me and I like his change.  I do hope he finds his Savanna.
Also posted at Ms. Reality's Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment