Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Meet Brenna & Review of Sins & Needles by Karina Halle


Meet BRENNA!!!! The newest member of the Reality Bites! Team!!!!

Hi book junkies! 

My name is Brenna, and I am hopelessly addicted to reading (obviously I'm in the right place)! I live in Phoenix, Arizona with my husband who is usually bugging me to put my iPad/book down and step away. My addiction really hit full force about eight months ago when I read (yup, you guessed it) Fifty Shades of Grey. That prompted me to start searching for my next read and my next and so on. Now, I spend as much time as possible reading or talking about reading. I am usually up all night, more often than not, and on a book bender the next day. I am probably the BIGGEST night owl you will ever meet. Seriously, it's a problem. 

I'll read just about anything, but I love romance or anything with the promise of potential romance. I can be a pretty patient reader when it comes to that (Experiment in Terror series, anyone?). I am a total indie lover and am so glad to have been exposed to the heaps of awesomeness that is out there in the self-pubbed world. 

I get overly excited when I'm in love with a book and can't wait to share my craziness with you all. I look forward to chatting book with you!




Brenna's First Review on Reality Bites!!!!

                                             5 STARS! 


"We all make our own path in life. Everyone we meet, everything we do, it changes us. It makes us who we are. And, if we're lucky, we're given the chance to make things right again." 


I was so excited to start Sins & Needles from Karina. I was highly anticipating the release since I am such a huge fan of all her other works. I don't know how she does it, but the characters of her books are some of my favorite of all time, they feel so real to me. First with Dex & Perry of my absolute favorite series everExperiment in Terror, then Dawn & Sage of the The Devils Series, and now I can add Ellie & Camden to the ranks of best characters ever. 


I won't go too deep into the plot, because the suspense of it is half the fun...:) But, Sins & Needles is a story told by Ellie. She is a con-artist bred from con-artists. She gets tired of running the same scams and after a close call, she heads back to her hometown to the only family member she's in contact with, her Uncle Jim. She's also running from someone in her past...
"Not many people had an ex that would probably shoot them in the head if they ever found them. And I meant that in the most literal sense."



Immediately upon returning, she runs into an old friend from high school, enter Camden McQueen. I LOVE HIM!

"Tattoos, sign-making, painting; Camden was the epitome of an artist - complete with the occasional mood swing as well." 
....


"He was like a caring, hulking, nerd. And I wanted him."



There is a lot of history between the two and their relationship has been very turbulent. The story alternates between "then" and "now" to reveal more about Camden and Ellie, which is filled with some highs and some very low lows. They are both wounded by their pasts and have the emotional scars to prove it. Ellie also bears some very brutal physical scars as a reminder of a con gone bad as a child. 

Then...

"If I believed in God, I'd say you should be proud of the way he made you. You're different, Ellie. Your scars, your injury, they make you who you are. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way."

Now...

"You know how I feel about your scars. They only make you more beautiful."



As Camden and Ellie reconnect, sparks fly and there are some very HOT scenes! Thanks for those Karina! :)

"Holy shit, did Camden just spank me?"

....

"But, hell, if a neighbor were to stick their head out their window and see a tattooed god ramming a chick in the neighbor's backyard, all lit by romantic lights, they'd probably watch. I'd watch too."



It's not all roses for these two though, secrets are revealed. Feeling are hurt. Chaos ensues. It is one action packed ride that had me on the edge of my seat! Yup, that's all you get. You'll thank me later... ;)

description



Sins & Needles has something for everyone. Filled with romance, suspense, action, and more. It is full of passion and emotion and some of the most raw characters you'll ever see. Camden and Ellie embedded themselves into my heart. Every emotion they felt, I felt. The author does such a beautiful job of building the personalities of these fantastically flawed characters. They were so dynamic and shocked the hell out of me at times. I couldn't get enough of them! This book was seriously flawless. I enjoyed every single second of reading it. I cannot wait for prequel, On Every Street, and the next installment, Shooting Scars! I will be counting down the days until they are released!


A MUST READ! I highly, highly recommend!


"You're not bad, Ellie. The world is bad and you're just trying to survive in it."





8 comments:

  1. LOVE the intro and Review! I love following your reviews and recommendations on goodreads, they're always spot on. You'll knock everyone's socks off, Brenna! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your review Brenna! You perfectly described how I felt about S&N, too.

    Darkhouse next, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look at all of us coming to show our support!! I love us ^^^!! Yay! I'm so excited for you! Stupendous review, B-Dizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shamazing review girlfrannnnn!!!! Love it! Love that you joined Reality Bites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the LOVE everyone! I am SUPER excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Review. & Welcome!! (:
    just read this book & really enjoyed it.
    Woohoo to phoenix, AZ lol
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete