Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Pretending He's Mine by Lauren Blakely

4 Heart Review


Goodreads Summary
Once upon a time in New York City, there was a down-on-his-luck actor named Reeve, who was talented and gorgeous in that dreamy, broody sort of way that makes all the women swoon. But show biz is a rough biz – he lost out on a part in a big film, and now his day job hours have been cut too. What’s a handsome young thing in need of a role to do?

Enter Sutton Brenner. She’s sexy and shrewd and the most top-notch casting director there is. She’s this close to landing a coveted gig casting a film based on a best-selling mega-romance novel, but there’s a catch. After one too many transgressions with lovely single ladies, the film’s philandering producer has been put on a short leash by his wife, who’s forbidden him from working with anyone unattached. 

So the happily single Sutton strikes a pact with Reeve – play the role of her fiancee until she closes the deal, and he’s guaranteed to get an audition for the starring role in the film. But as the two play pretend, the lines between make-believe and matters of the heart start to blur. Especially after that hot night in the balcony of the Broadway theater. And that scorching afternoon in the stacks of the New York Public Library. Who’s playing who? Or is someone else really the director in the secret affair of their lives?

PRETENDING HE’S MINE is a 30,000 word companion novella in the New York Times and USA Today bestselling CAUGHT UP IN US series. (It’s not necessary to have read CAUGHT UP IN US to enjoy PRETENDING HE’S MINE. This is not a sequel. However, CAUGHT UP IN US fans should be pleased to know that Jill has several scenes and that both Kat and Bryan appear in a key scene in this novella!)

My Thoughts
**ARC provided by author for an honest review**

I have to admit, I am usually not a fan of novellas. But after reading Caught Up in Us, I had to give this one is a try because I really loved Lauren Blakely's writing style. And i am glad i did! Pretending He's Mine has shown me that a novella can be done and give you all you need of the characters when well written.

Sutton and Reeve have some hot chemistry! I knew from the moment she propositioned him with the whole fake fiancé thing, it wouldn't be long before they did the horizontal tango.

There are so many scorching hot scenes between these two but I think my favorite would be the bar. And all Reeve was doing there is TALKING to her. It was so erotic though, to hear him telling her all the places he wanted to kiss her. Made me wish I was Sutton!!



 photo kissing_fwfi683l_zps57fc143f.gif


But this is all just pretend, right? That is what Sutton keeps telling herself. And Reeve isn't quite sure what to make of any of it. He couldn't be failing for Sutton after only a week, could he?

As I said in the beginning of my review, this is a novella, so it is very short. But I loved it and felt I got just what I needed to enjoy the characters and their story. I also liked getting a little Kat and Bryan peek in there too. So, if you are looking for a hot, steamy afternoon read, this is just the book for you!


1 comment:

  1. Great review. Not really big fan of novellas e'er other but I think I will give this one a read (:

    ReplyDelete