Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review: Finding Never (Never Say Never #2) by C.M. Stunich


4.5 Hearts

Goodreads Summary
"Tell me, Never, do you still love him?"

Never Ross and Ty McCabe have come a long way – but they can't stop now. Their pasts are still there, ready to sweep over and consume them if they don't confront them. A visit to Never's family seems like the first logical step, but will it make things better or worse? And what about Noah Scott? Ty is Never's tortured other half, but can he also be the healing balm that she so desperately needs? With McCabe's past still a virtual unknown, Never is going to have to make more than one decision capable of breaking both their hearts.

"Ty has changed; I have changed, and things are not always what they seem."


My Thoughts

This is book two of a three part series. If you have not read the first book, Tasting Never, DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER!! This review will contain spoilers if you have not read book one. 

This book picks up right where Tasting Never ended. Ty and Never are on a bus to face her past. I was so nervous as I started reading this. I have become so invested in these characters, so I need them to be okay. There were moments in this book where I wondered if they would be. But I knew I had to push through until the end, so I put my big girl pants on and dove in.

It has been five years since Never ran away from home. But now she is back. She realizes in order to move on with her life, she must face her past. But she is terrified. Never is unsure of what to expect, considering the circumstances which caused her to run in the first place. 

When Never arrives at her childhood home, the greeting she receives is lukewarm. All of her sisters seem happy to see her. But her mom, not so much. The reception she gives Never after seeing her for the first time in five years, is heartbreaking. So, now she must make a decision. Does she let this woman continue to have so much control over her? Or does she just let it all go so that she can finally make peace with it all? 

There is so much I want to tell you about that happened in this book! Because believe me, there is a ton. But I can't. If I do them it will ruin things and I don't want to do that. 

what I will tell you is, this book is a roller coaster. It was emotional torture but also a healing balm. This was journey Never needed to take and I don't believe she could have survived it without Ty standing by her side. Hell, I wouldn't have made it through without him! The bad boy with all those piercings and butterfly tattoos is just about the sweetest guy ever.

But you have to remember, this book is not the end. We still have one more story to hear. And I believe it will be the toughest of all. I only hope Ty is strong enough to share it after he learns the secret Never has been keeping from him. 

I will let you know this book ends on a cliff hanger. But book three is set to release on March 2nd, which is right around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment